Ryan Aeronautical Porcelain over Steel Sign 1934-69 This is a wonderful porcelain over steel Ryan Aeronautical Advertisement sign. T. Claude Ryan was one of the most important airplane designers in the history of aeronautics. He opened the first municipal airport in San Diego in 1928 - Lindbergh field. Charles Lindbergh flew one of Ryan's modified monoplanes on his solo flight from N.Y.C. to Paris. This 9" x 12" Company logo on it dating it from 1934-1969. It has what appears to be a hand written catalog number on the lower right corner and may have been part of the inventory of a long-closed St. Petersburg, Fl museum. A great find for plane buffs out there - and a rare item heralding a world famous airplane designer.