Years of Production: circa 1940's
Manufacturer: Bennett Pump Division of John Wood Company
In 1919 Thomas B. Bennett established the Bennett Injector Company. In 1924 the name of the company was changed to Bennett Pump Corporation.
Controlling interest of Bennett was sold to Service Station Equipment (SSE) in 1928 because the company needed more capital. In 1932 SSE merged with the John Wood Company.
The first Bennett post war pump design was the 646 computing pump.
The Texas Fuel Company began in the early 1900’s, quickly changed its name to The Texas Company, and then decided to use Texaco as its brand name. This was adapted from the company's cable (wiring) address.
Texaco Fire Chief gasoline was introduced in 1932. This gas met the high octane requirements for fire engines.
On display is a restored original "Texaco Fire Chief" gas pump. This pump was restored to a very high level (no detail was overlooked). The hose cover and gas handle bezel were re-chromed. The gas handle is a NOS and is an exact match to the original one that came with the gas pump. A piece of aluminum was put on the base inside so that it can be used for storage