Years of Production: circa mid 1920’s
Manufacturer: Guaranteed Liquid Measure Company
Guaranteed Liquid Measure Company began about 1916 with the “Guaranteed Visible Pump”. The "visible" gas pumps allowed customers to view the color and quality of the gasoline through the transparent glass fuel tank.
Due to the pumps hourglass shape, it was nicknamed the “Mae West” after the popular curvaceous actress of that era.Used throughout the 1920s, the 5 gallon, double action, hand operated pumps were the fastest pumps made at that time.
A lighted glass globe sat atop the pump advertising the brand.
The Fry “Guaranteed Measure” name was in effect until the company was purchased by Wayne Pump Company in 1928.
Restored many years ago, this pump has a beautiful aged patina as it sits on display at CCS. All original hardware and aging hoses exist on this beauty.